Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Something bright

I'd set out to make "something bright".  That's what I told myself.  I really had no clue where it was going to go.  I kinda knew I didn't have enough fabric to cut symmetrical pieces, but I also knew that I'd (just have to) figure it out.

I don't know if it's the bright colors, or quick moving clouds today, but my camera really didn't want to take any decent photos!  Without flash, the camera saw: pink + orange = blurry.  (It's definitely how I felt after straining to see pink thread on orange.)

Anyway, here are some thumbnails:



I'm going to try to photograph it again tomorrow!

*



I had to make a decision on the straps...the sewing turned to be a bit shady :)  I tried my best, I even did it twice, but the fabrics frayed and warped so much it was nearly impossible!  I most prefer it sans embellishment.  I love the knotting I did but it was a bit distracting (and frou frou for me).  So I stayed with the raw-edged wrapping.  Then tacked it down with some handy invisible thread.

Which version would you have picked?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...